The Evil Land Developer at The Duck Dynasty Table Read, Day 233, Faking It in The Year of Fun.
1. Results Never Equal Effort. — The Book of
2. Word Salad of Yesteryear — Spandau Ballet.
3. Taco Nap — An Afternoon Nap Where You Lay on Top of the Comforter on One-Half of the Bed and Drape the Comforter over You Like a Taco or Fall Asleep with a Taco in Your Mouth.
The Guy with The 131 Pound Scrotum, Day 232, So Close in The Year of Fun.
1. The Joke You Told When You Were Eight Day.
2. That Character is Totally Like Me. — Watching Downfall or 101 Dalmatians.
3. The Tragedy Channel — Depressing Shows about Horrific Tragedies That All End with the Tagline: See You’ve Got Nuthin’ to Complain About, Sad Sack, So Go Outside and Cheer Up, Ya Big Watery Pile of Shit. (Read by The Only Surviving Character.)
Better Than Nutraloaf, Day 231, Fine Dining in The Year of Fun.
1. Change The Day’s Noise/Quiet Ratio from 19:1 to 18:1.
2. Multi-Tasking Entertainment Matching Service. What to Watch When Listening to Podcasts. What to Play While Watching TV and Listening to Podcasts. Your ‘During Sex’ Entertainment Opportunities. Sleep Cram Netflix.
3. When Stuck in a ‘What If Scenario,’ Add One of These ‘What If’s’
— What If My Neighbor Was a Serial Killer Who Killed with Kindness?
— What If I Didn’t Eat at Long John Silvers?
— What If All These What If Scenarios Polluting My Thoughts Were Buried at a Secret Mars Base on The Moon?
Don’t forget, only a few more weeks left in underwear and running shoes season.
Tiny Cigars and Fast Merry-Go-Rounds, Day 230, Spirographing The Year of Fun.
1. Locate Old Epiphanies, Dust ‘Em Off, Polish ‘Em, and Put ‘Em On A Shelf. Drink Whiskey Until The Metallic Epiphanic Blur Fits the Present. Pretend to Understand.
2. Throw Away Word-A-Day Calendar from 1347.
3. The Alliance Also Had Crushing Economic Problems. — Not So Black and White Sci-Fi.
Consistently Knowing Less Each Year Since 1987, Day 229, Grasping and Squinting in The Year of Fun.
1. Nobody’s The Loser in This Smiling Contest! — Me, Tired And Slightly Manic. *
2. Pour One Out for All the Forgotten Jokes, Missed Opportunities and Awkward Misunderstandings of the Day. Tomorrow, My Frenemies. Tomorrow.
3. Seriously, Just Make Stuff Up About That Book You Read. Nobody Will Check and Nobody Cares. — How We’ll Be Perceived As Smart as Prescribed in the New Book ‘Nobody’s The Loser in This Smiling Contest.’
* Although, That Baby Definitely Won That Smiling Contest By A Wide (Wait for It) Smile.
The Roundabout That’s All-Yeilding, Day 228 Circling Forever The Year of Fun.
1. Give In and Let the Placeholder Be The Final Word. (See #2)
2. Only One More ‘Joke’ Before Bed.
3. Dad Jokes Lost to History:
Cracks Ice Tray, “Aaahh, My Back!”
(Replaced by In-Door Ice Maker)
New Dad Joke:
Ice-Maker Rumbles, “The Rocks in My Head. Aaaargh.”
Played LA Noire all day. The most elaborate Ken Cosgrove cosplay ever.
Dad Jokes May Not Actually Be a Real Joke.
Too Hard to Roll That Way Anymore, Day 227, Blockheads in The Year of Fun.
1. Also, Admit Area 51 Exists.
2. Use Real Crow in Your Humble Pie for Sincerity and Delicious Crow Taste.
3. The Uncooker. It Uncooks. Hey, This Tuna Casserole is Burnt Like a Pile of Roofing Tiles. Uncook It. Uncook It? Yeah, Put It in Here, Like This, Rotate and (Bing) Uncook It.! Ooooooooohhh. Now This Tuna is Fresh Like Flipper. Uncook It. No More Unintentional Cajun Cuisine. Uncook It First. — An Infomercial from The Future.
This is Not the Hemma-Roid You Were Looking For, Day 226/35th Anniversary of That Joke in The Year of Fun.
1. With the Implementation of Widespread Public Toilet Facilities, Society Learned to Hone it’s Collective Cognitive Dissonance Skills toward the Physical. — From The Cognitive Dissident’s Guide to Getting Through the Day, Hygenics.
2. Pick Tonight’s Entertainment Based Solely on the Interest Level of the Entertainment, Not on Ambition.
3. Gen X Geezers (CNBC) — Guys My Age Reminisce About The P.I. (Pre-Internet) Age. Sponsored by Cialis and Rockabilly.
Going Bankrupt from The Showcase Showdown Taxes, Day 225, The Price is Right in The Year of Fun.
1. Serenade Grandma Nude for Thanksgiving.
2. Assign Characters from Red Hot Wet American Summer to Their Equivalent Characters in the Original Friday the Thirteenth. #comedynerdclassproject
3. My DVR’ing of Breaking Bad Broke Bad. (It’s Blank Blank Blank Broke Bad Day. Also, Had to Get the Next Day Air, So That’s as Bad as What Happened, Right?)
Drinking Different On-Sale Beers As A Way to Feel Wealthy, Day 224, Not an Alcoholic in the Year of Fun.
1. Turns Out There’s a Whole Buttload of I’s in Team. A Team’s Worth.
3. On Key Ring:
Keys to My Heart, House, Old House, Dignity, Old Car, Sanity, 8th Grade Locker, Bike Lock, Sexuality, Common Sense, A Small Nebraska Town, Car Trunk, Shed (Storage), Shed (Evil Going-ons), Work, Teeth Picking.
Pop Culture Today: Watched The Fall (BBC/Netflix) with Gillian Anderson. In the same headspace as Top of the Lake, but with split focus paralleling the killer and detective. Very dark. So, what’s next Broadchurch? The spiritual heir to The Red Riding Trilogy.
I think the ladies of Orange is the New Black have more fun at work than I do. Also, more heartbreak.